JESUS IS THE
|Here are some fun activities to help put Christ back into CHRISTmas!
Reason for the Season Stories and Poems- read some poems and stories celebrating Jesus' birth
games and activities -online games with nativity theme
1. Put up a manger scene, but save putting baby Jesus in the manger until Christmas morning. (If you want, you can also have the wise men far away at first, but get closer and closer as Christmas approaches.) On Christmas morning, light a candle, and sing Happy Birthday, Jesus!
2. Gather the family around the nativity scene and read the Christmas story from the Bible. Luke, chapter 2. As the story is read, members of the family can add figures to the scene.
3. Have a birthday cake for dessert for your Christmas dinner. Sing Happy Birthday, Jesus.
4. Make a huge birthday card for Jesus as a decoration.
5. Have each member of the family write what they are thankful for on slips of paper, and put them on the Christmas tree, or in a special jar or stocking. Read them aloud on Christmas Day.
6. Sing Christmas carols like Silent
Night, Joy to the World, and Hark the Herald Angels Sing, and think about
the words you are singing! You can find some some good ones here:
7. Give food or clothing to the poor, or toys to a needy child. Visit a nursing home- bring cookies, and sing songs. "Whatever you did for one of the least of these, you did for me." Matthew 25:40)
8. Make a gift for Jesus. Wrap an
empty box, and put a slit in the top. Whenever anyone does
anything nice for someone else, they can write it on a slip of paper,
and put it into the box for Jesus. These can be shared on
9. Games and
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JESUS!
to Bethany Roberts' Christmas Fun