Bethany Roberts' Christmas Fun for Kids: |
|The Legend of the Candy Cane- the meaning of the candy cane|
Candy Cane Crafts- easy to make
Candy Cane Recipes- yum!Cane
The Legend of the Candy Cane
Once upon a time, Mr. Sweet, a candy maker, opened his candy shop door wide. "I have made a surprise for all the children of the village," he called. All the boys and girls came running.
Mr. Sweet held up a candy cane.
Then Mr. Sweet held the candy cane upside-down.
"J!" cried the children.
Mr. Sweet's eyes twinkled. "Yes, it's a J for Jesus!" he said.
Then Mr. Sweet handed a candy cane to each boy and girl. "It is a gift, because Jesus is a gift to us," he said. "Whenever you eat a candy cane, remember:
|CANDY CANE CRAFTS (LINKS)|
bead candy cane ornaments- from Kids Domain
simple chenille twist candy canes- from Kids Domain
candy cane reindeer ornament- very cute!
candy cane mouse- adorable!
|CANDY CANE RECIPES|
CANDY CANE COCOA Wonderful on a frosty day!
|1 cup milk|
2 teaspoons cocoa
2 heaping teaspoons sugar
peppermint candy cane
1. Heat milk on stove or in microwave.
|CANDY CANE COFFEE SPOONS|
(these are great, easy-to-make gifts)
|1 cup (6 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips|
1 candy cane or 5 peppermint candies, crushed
12 heavy-duty plastic spoons in Christmas colors
1. Put candy in a baggie and crush with a rolling pin.
2. Melt chocolate.
3. Dip spoons into chocolate to fill.
4. Sprinkle with crushed candy.
5. Place on waxed paper covered cookie sheet to cool.
Wrap with cellophane and tie with ribbons for gifts.
|CANDY CANE BARK CANDY -crunchy and yummy!|
6 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate (6 oz.)
6 squares white baking chocolate (6 oz.)
1 Cup crushed candy canes (or about 40-50 peppermint candies)
|1. Crush peppermint candy by placing in plastic bags and crushing with rolling pin or meat mallet. (Note: Kids love this method, but an easier and less messy method is to use a food processor to crush the candy.)|
2. In two microwavable bowls, separately melt semi-sweet and white chocolates in the microwave, about 2 minutes, on high, stirring half-way.
3. Stir half of the crushed candies into each bowl.
4. On wax paper lined cookie sheet, spoon small mounds of the chocolates alternately.
5. With a butter knife, swirl the chocolates together, creating a marblized look.
6. Refrigerate 1 hour, or until hardened.
7. Break into pieces.
|MORE CANDY CANE RECIPES- LINKS|
making candy canes- from Abigail
candy cane cookies- yum!